🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Some proposal
Page options
carla_oliveira90
Community Member

Some proposal

Hello , somebody offer me to do a job like a virtual assistant about get some product , receive to my home and give reviews about it on Amazon, my question is this is safe ? Somebody did ever do this job or is against the policy in up work
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Carla Aurora O wrote:
Thank you very much, so I wouldn't be doing nothing wrong on upwork right

Yes you absolutely would be.

Apart from it being a dishonest thing to do, any job that violates another site's terms violates Upwork's terms of service.

If your own inner moral compass does not stop you from doing things like that, that's really sad, but maybe the chance of getting into trouble with Upwork will sharpen your sense of what is wrong and what is right.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hello , somebody offer me to do a job like a virtual assistant about get some product , receive to my home and give reviews about it on Amazon, my question is this is safe ? Somebody did ever do this job or is against the policy in up work "

That's a great question.

Upwork wants to be a "good neighbor" on the web, and Upwork officially prohibits freelancers from doing jobs which violate Amazon's rules. So what you would need to do would be to familiarize yourself with Amazon.com's rules for product reviewers. Those rules are NOT posted on Upwork.

I am not an expert on this topic, but I believe the basics are: Amazon.com doesn't want paid reviews.

Here's a memo they sent to sellers:

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 12.42.40 PM.png

Thank you very much, so I wouldn't be doing nothing wrong on upwork right ? I'm going to read the policies on Amazon also

re: "...so I wouldn't be doing nothing wrong on upwork right?"

Well, not so fast. You may have replied to my post before I added the second part of the post.

Oh sorry , I didn't read the file attached , thank you very much for take your time and help me 🙂 . Have a nice day

Carla Aurora O wrote:
Thank you very much, so I wouldn't be doing nothing wrong on upwork right

Yes you absolutely would be.

Apart from it being a dishonest thing to do, any job that violates another site's terms violates Upwork's terms of service.

If your own inner moral compass does not stop you from doing things like that, that's really sad, but maybe the chance of getting into trouble with Upwork will sharpen your sense of what is wrong and what is right.

colettelewis
Community Member

Carla Aurora O wrote:
Hello , somebody offer me to do a job like a virtual assistant about get some product , receive to my home and give reviews about it on Amazon, my question is this is safe ? Somebody did ever do this job or is against the policy in up work

Carla, it is possible that the client offering this job is genuine. However, as you are very new to Upwork, I would definitely not accept it, particularly if you were  invited to the job rather than applying for it. 

Do you know what the product is? Do you know how long it will take to be shipped to your address?And most importantly, before you agree to anything your client suggests, you must make sure a contract is set up via Upwork  and that you will be paid via Upwork. 

My personal radar would tell me to run away from this offer. 

Thank you very much for your reply lady amd your advices , yeah I didnt feel it it was right probably is genuine and everything but I didn't felt comfortable for the proposal , I'm just trying my very best to built a good profile so i can start work more , thank you again and be blessed , have a nice day 

colettelewis
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths