🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Someone stole my email address linked to ...
Page options
kimberlyswartz
Community Member

Someone stole my email address linked to paypal

Someone created a fake Freelancer account on UpWork using my email address. I logged into my account to update my email address used for login to the email address and it said it was taken.

I requested a password change for the fake profile since I am the legal owner of this email address, and it will not allow me to change it. 

My email account that someone stole is also the email I use for PayPal so I will no longer have a way to get paid . This is not just an issue on UpWork, as I have reported fraud use of my personal information for other places such as Ulta, DSW or other rewards sites. Someone is going around and using my email and or phone number and altering accounts. I need someone in your Fraud department to handle this.

I have owned the email address someone created a fake account on here for over 8 years. 

The GET HELP button in support does not start a ticket. It keeps returning me to the Forums here. 

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kimberly,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you're referring to. I'll check that for you and file a report to the correct team for the review and will take action as per our internal processes.  

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths