🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Someone stole my profile
Page options
1da23cfb
Community Member

Someone stole my profile

Hey! Im Jack **Edited for Community Guidelines**i actually searched my name up this day and oh boy what i found:

**Edited for community guidelines**

He has the same name as me lives litterly in the same place as me and i didn't even make this **bleep** profile!!???

And another thing if you put his image into google image search you can see its stolen!!! This guy is faking my info holy shizzle..... Is there anyway someone can **bleep** remove his account i don't want my info on here 😜 Im sry but i never had this ever and im 14 like how should i work 8 years in the media industry lol. There is no one else named Jack **Edited for Community Guidelines**in this Village btw. Thx! Hope this is enough evidence idk how to prove it like im Jack **Edited for Community Guidelines** from the Netherlands **Edited for Community Guidelines** its 14 km away from my school to Schagen

4 REPLIES 4
allenwatson23
Community Member

Hi Jack,

If you search this forum you'll see that this is a common occurrence. Last week I copied and pasted the first paragraph of my profile into Google and found someone else on Upwork using it word for word. I reported it and it was removed the next day. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ewe W wrote:

Hey! Im Jack Tiebie i actually searched my name up this day and oh boy what i found:

He has the same name as me lives litterly in the same place as me and i didn't even make this **bleep** profile!!???

If it is any consolation, that person's profile was rejected anyway.

Upwork, what in the world is the point of leaving rejected profiles public? Why not set it so a rejection automatically sets those profiles private?

colettelewis
Community Member

Ewe W wrote:

Hey! Im Jack **Edited for Community Guidelines** i actually searched my name up this day and oh boy what i found:

**Edited for community guidelines**

And another thing if you put his image into google image search you can see its stolen!!! This guy is faking my info holy shizzle..... Is there anyway someone can **bleep** remove his account i don't want my info on here 😜 Im sry but i never had this ever and im 14 like how should i work 8 years in the media industry lol. There is no one else named Jack **Edited for Community Guidelines** in this Village btw. Thx! Hope this is enough evidence idk how to prove it like im Jack **Edited for Community Guidelines** from the Netherlands **Edited for Community Guidelines**  its 14 km away from my school to Schagen

I have edited out my reply and Jack I owe you an apology. I misunderstood your post. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ewe,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Our team is looking into this and will review the reported account and will take action as per our internal processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths