cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending my Connects, Not Hearing Back from Anyone

Aaron T Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
1 of 6

I've been on Upwork for a couple of months now, I'm new to the site, have no Success score, and I don't hear back from any of the proposals I've submitted.  Why don't the clients respond to my proposals?  How do I know if a job I'm submitting a proposal for is actually still open and seeking proposals?  Am I wasting my Connects on some of these listings as they may already be closed or are people not in agreement with my proposed amount?  How do I get over the hurdle of being a newcomer on Upwork so I can actually make some money?  I'm an AutoCAD drafter with attention to detail and I'm dedicated to my work. I just need a little help getting going on your site and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Really it's no different than applying for jobs the old fashioned way. By that I mean you're likely to never hear from the vast majority of people you submit a proposal to.

It sucks, but it's not really unique to Upwork or freelancing in general.

Community Leader
Melinda M Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
3 of 6

Same here. I have put in 66 proposals since the day after memorial day of this year. I have gotten only 5 responses. People that wanted to interview with me, want to set up a date to interview, and then they fall off the face of the earth. I don't hear back. I have 4 active proposals, 1 interviewed with me and haven't heard back, 1 hired me and was going to start the hiring process, I didn't hear back, and 1 wanted to interview with me and I never had the interview. I have messaged these people again and still nothing. This has been just in last 2 weeks. I went and looked at the job posting again and they have not looked at it in days some for weeks. Also, I am wondering, I haven't seen such a thing but asking anyway. Does Upwork offer clients to post automated job posts if they are away? Example: Bot posts

Looking forward to hearing from you

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 6

Aaron T wrote:

I've been on Upwork for a couple of months now, I'm new to the site, have no Success score, and I don't hear back from any of the proposals I've submitted.  Why don't the clients respond to my proposals?  How do I know if a job I'm submitting a proposal for is actually still open and seeking proposals?  Am I wasting my Connects on some of these listings as they may already be closed or are people not in agreement with my proposed amount?  How do I get over the hurdle of being a newcomer on Upwork so I can actually make some money?  I'm an AutoCAD drafter with attention to detail and I'm dedicated to my work. I just need a little help getting going on your site and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.

If a client closes a job post because he has hired or no need anymore, you can't apply any longer. Sometimes a client hires but leaves the job open, then you will see the number of hires in the job post, and probably should save your connects in that case.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 6

Martina, you've been zombied! 😉 (Responding to a long-dead post.)

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 6

Richard W wrote:

Martina, you've been zombied! 😉 (Responding to a long-dead post.)

darn!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS