🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Started off great, now... not so much
Page options
adrifreelance
Community Member

Started off great, now... not so much

Hi, everyone.

I've been a member of upwork for a year now, and at the beggining I felt things were going great. I got a few jobs, one of which was excellent and well paid. Of course I didnt get all the jobs I applied for but I was doing fine and even turned down a few jobs here and there if I was not completely convinced. On the other hand, I even got responses from two clients who didn't hire me but wrote me back solely to thank me for my "great cover later". (So I think my cover letters are at least decent)

But hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm perfect and everyone should hire me, I know there are great proffesionals here and I know it's also a matter of luck sometimes but I just find it odd how much activity I had going on about 6 months ago and now it's 0. My profile has been locked private, which prevents potential clients to find me, but I've sent many proposals and nothing. Any idea of what am I doing wrong? any advise? and an extra question: what's the order in which a client sees the proposals? sorted by date?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
holymell
Community Member

You're not doing anything wrong.

This is how it goes for all of us. Feast or famine. Give it a few weeks and you'll be turning jobs down once again 🙂 I'm going through something similar on Upwork. Luckily, my website seems to be oddly active lately, so that's great and keeping me from starving to death.

I think the proposals are seen according to how well they match the clients' needs. Or it could be random... so I guess I can't help you there. Sorry. Started out confident with that one and it just fizzled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
holymell
Community Member

You're not doing anything wrong.

This is how it goes for all of us. Feast or famine. Give it a few weeks and you'll be turning jobs down once again 🙂 I'm going through something similar on Upwork. Luckily, my website seems to be oddly active lately, so that's great and keeping me from starving to death.

I think the proposals are seen according to how well they match the clients' needs. Or it could be random... so I guess I can't help you there. Sorry. Started out confident with that one and it just fizzled.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths