🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Starting with very old elance profile.
Page options
ankit48
Community Member

Starting with very old elance profile.

I made a profile on elance years ago but didn't use that.

Now I am starting my online freelancing career. Will that years old profile with no work history create -ve effect on the client at the time of bidding.

Or client doesn't get to see when a profile was created. 

Now I have completed my profile to 100% and passed some exams with above average rating, I also have uploaded my recently completed projects to my portfolio.
Already upgraded to a premium membership so that my profile is not hidden. 
Am I doing it right?
Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ankit,

Your profile visibility will be changed on private only if you have not earned for the past 30 days, you have 2 free options and one paid option to change it back to public. Since your using the Plus membership plan your profile will not be changed to private, you can find more details about this feature on this Help Article.
To learn more about Upwork and everything you need to know about getting started here check out this Thread.

Happy UpWorking!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hii Goran V thanks for your quick reply.

I have read these articles and got them 100%.

I also have earned my first job, but my core question was that does a 4-5 years old profile with only one job affect me getting a rising talent badge or any other ratings for my profiles?

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankit,

It doesn't look like you transferred your Elance account but created a new account on Upwork, so your Elance account history won't affect your chances of becoming a Rising Talent.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir ,

Don't go by this upwork community account (which is showing created this Jan)

Before upwork I had accounts on odesk and elance.

When new site was formed than I got this account (don't remember it was a new sign up or just transfer from any other site.

Now month ago started my account which is obeviously very old with no job history .

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankit, 

I did check the account you're posting from earlier and would like to ask you to pm me the email address used to register your previous account on Upwork and Elance. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi, thank you for explaining 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths