cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status is 'Active candidacy', although I've already done the work

Kay-Ann V Member Since: Feb 19, 2017
1 of 7

I submitted a proposal and had a discussion with the client, after which she sent me the report in the message thread. I did the work and sent it back to her the same way. It was my first job; didn't know how it works. Only when I wanted to invoice did I realise she had never 'accepted' my proposal. She was happy with my work – these were her responses: 'yaaaaaaayyyyyy so glad I found you!!!!!' 'GREAT WORKKKKKKKK!!!!!!' But now she is not responding to my query about the job not having been registered.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7

I'd be stoked if some legit provider gave me work for free too. Can you blame her?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 7

Active candidacy does not mean you were hired. A client has to make an official offer through Upwork, that you can then accept or not. Then their payment method is verified, and  either a milestone is funded, or you use time tracker for an hourly job. There is no "invoicing" clients.

The client either doesn't know how things work, or you've been scammed. Do yourself a favor and read up about how to work safely before bidding on any more jobs. Did this client have a previous hiring record on Upwork?

Getting Started:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

4 of 7

Thank you, Virginia. The client has been a member since 2013 and has spent more than $20,000, so I hope we can sort things out somehow. I've now read up on how things work.

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 7

She knows exactly how things work, based on her longevity on the platform and the money she's paid out.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Kay-Ann,

As you're already aware, you unfortunately weren't hired for the job you completed. See how Virginia already shared correct information with you I'll just share that, in case your client isn't responding to you, you can contact Customer Support and our team will reach out to them on your behalf and ask them to respond to your messages.

7 of 7

Thank you, Vladimir.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS