Did you mean: 

Staying focused

Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
1 of 13

Staying Focused

By: Jerry Alden

Good Morning Upwork community, 

I am so excited that I passed a English exam multiple choice this fine day on April 2, 2017.  Now since I did that Im hoping the word becomes prevalent and more clients start demanding my services.  In the meantime I will remain perpetual until I get some type of feedback from the clients that are above me.  I didn't want to be unamious that is why I made my own thread. Thanks again community for your support. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

@Jerry A wrote:

Staying Focused

By: Jerry Alden

Good Morning Upwork community, 

I am so excited that I passed a English exam multiple choice this fine day on April 2, 2017.  Now since I did that Im hoping the word becomes prevalent and more clients start demanding my services.  In the meantime I will remain perpetual until I get some type of feedback from the clients that are above me.  I didn't want to be unamious that is why I made my own thread. Thanks again community for your support. 

Jerry, I am not sure what you are excited about with those below average tests.

What exactly is it you are hoping to be hired to do on Upwork? This is not at all clear from your profile. 

I hope that you are not not trying to bid on jobs that require any degree of proficiency in the English language. 

Ace Contributor
3 of 13

Petra, 

Thanks for following up with me immediately on my below average score test. There was like 6 words that were incorrect and there was no correct answer on the test. The test to did say I needed a 2.5 to pass. Thanks though for pointing out to me that I need to be more clear in my post on what I'm trying to get hired on for. I thought that by having grant writing, and creative writing would be good enough. I will definitely fix this problem in accordance to the upwork standards. 

Community Guru
4 of 13

@Jerry A wrote:

Petra, 

Thanks for following up with me immediately on my below average score test. There was like 6 words that were incorrect and there was no correct answer on the test. The test to did say I needed a 2.5 to pass. Thanks though for pointing out to me that I need to be more clear in my post on what I'm trying to get hired on for. I thought that by having grant writing, and creative writing would be good enough. I will definitely fix this problem in accordance to the upwork standards. 

Jerry, your English is clearly not up to doing any writing in English, which is clear from your profile, ("There I learned how to right technical documents....") from your forum posts, and will also be abundantly clear in your proposals. 

So forget "righting" in English. What actual,, tangible,, in demand, real skills do you have?

Ace Contributor
5 of 13

Petra, 

Thanks for correcting that one mistake on my overview. You are exactly right it must look flawless for clients to look at my profile and accept my proposals.  You are such a great help. Petra, you are a awsome community Guru. I'm really starting to brush off my past work at Colorado Technical University and starting to play hardball again. 

Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
6 of 13

I'm starting to think that this may be some sort of machine learning experiment. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 13

And I'm starting to think it's time for a  drink, with all the posts that are on here today.

Community Guru
8 of 13

@Kathy T wrote:

And I'm starting to think it's time for a  drink, with all the posts that are on here today.

Oh yes! Luckily it is past wine o'clock here ......

wine

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 13

I have never found it necessary to brush off my qualifications or previous, pre-freelancer work experience, academic or not.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
10 of 13

Are we sure Jerry is not Carlos in some sort of disguise?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS