🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Still NO JOB
Page options
hafizshoaibali
Community Member

Still NO JOB

I have been applyig on jobs since 2 days even within 5 to 10 minutes almost on all jobs  but no response from client. Should i say that there is no work for newbies.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shoaib A wrote:

I have applied on 10 jobs but still i did not get even single job. applied on these jobs within initial minutes and to most relevant jobs. why is that and could not appear even in single interview.

Some clients are determined to hire quickly, and so applying right away helps. However, many clients will take days (or even weeks) to review proposals before interviewing, and may eventually decide to not hire anyone and the job simply expires or is closed.

It will take persistence on your part to land those first few jobs. Keep at it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shoaib,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resource Corner and find some excellent topics there:

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Shoaib A wrote:

I have been applyig on jobs since 2 days even within 5 to 10 minutes almost on all jobs  but no response from client. Should i say that there is no work for newbies.

Take out the first sentence in your "All Work" profile. Clients will be able to see that you're a new freelancer from glancing at your page, no need to reiterate that.

hafizshoaibali
Community Member

I have applied on 10 jobs but still i did not get even single job. applied on these jobs within initial minutes and to most relevant jobs. why is that and could not appear even in single interview.

Shoaib A wrote:

Some clients are determined to hire quickly, and so applying right away helps. However, many clients will take days (or even weeks) to review proposals before interviewing, and may eventually decide to not hire anyone and the job simply expires or is closed.

It will take persistence on your part to land those first few jobs. Keep at it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths