🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Still looking for a client :(
Page options
kg_27
Community Member

Still looking for a client :(

I've been looking for clients for more than 2 months now and still no one would trust and hire me. I am depress and I feel like I'm useless Smiley Sad I even bought connects to send proposals and no one contacted me. What is written on my profile is what I can offer. I feel hopeless and hopeless everyday Smiley Sad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Karen Grace: you may create portfolio items which consist of descriptions of successful work you have done in the past... specific examples of ways you have helped clients or customers.

Many clients like to see portfolio items.

But also: Don't be a customer service worker. There are millions of these. Why should a client hire you instead of one of the million customer service workers from your country?

You may indeed find good jobs and clients doing this. But if you want to accelerate your trajectory, break out of this box and be something more.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
gohuipitou
Community Member

Don't lose hope
Most often it depends on what you write when you send your proposals

Karen Grace: you may create portfolio items which consist of descriptions of successful work you have done in the past... specific examples of ways you have helped clients or customers.

Many clients like to see portfolio items.

But also: Don't be a customer service worker. There are millions of these. Why should a client hire you instead of one of the million customer service workers from your country?

You may indeed find good jobs and clients doing this. But if you want to accelerate your trajectory, break out of this box and be something more.

Hi Preston! Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated! Happy holidays! 🙂 

aavgraphics
Community Member

Same here, but am not giving uP

Hi, same here. I have been bid more than 100 bids. I don't know what is a matter.

Hello, Vojislav B

your profile is not public now,  see this link for more information: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility

Márk

Hey Adediran A,

after looking at your profile, these would be my observations:

• most importantly you don't have a portfolio so clients can't see your previous work

If you are just starting out, maybe do some "free" work on 99designs for example or just design something  so you can build a portfolio

• your education or job history isn't related to graphic design, though that isn't necessarily a problem

• you should mention softwares you are skilled in for the Skills section (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)

• your hourly rate is too low in my opinion, in my experience clients don't really trust freelancers that have       such a low rate. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Márk

Kindly take a look on my profile and suggest...

Hey Yasir I,

i would advise you to change your hourly rate to a minimum of 10$.

Also, i would reorganise your bio on your profile, now it is just a big chunk of text: consider using maybe bulletpoints, for example. It would make it easier to read.

Hi Szőke M!

Hope you are well and safe.

Kindly take a look at my profile and suggest. What should I do now?

Thank you,

Ashraful

Hi kindly review my profile and suggest improvements if any.

Hey Adediran A,

after looking at your profile, these would be my observations:

• most importantly you don't have a portfolio so clients can't see your previous work

If you are just starting out, maybe do some "free" work on 99designs for example or just design something  so you can build a portfolio

• your education or job history isn't related to graphic design, though that isn't necessarily a problem

• you should mention softwares you are skilled in for the Skills section (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)

• your hourly rate is too low in my opinion, in my experience clients don't really trust freelancers that have       such a low rate. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Márk

Thanks So much sir, I really appreciate you, and I will make the changes but I still have some questions I will like to ask you and put me through, I will prefer if it can be privately, just be my mentor on this upwork ... Will be expecting your reply
Thanks

I sent you a private message.

I'm still finding it difficult to access ur private message

You have to login here: https://community.upwork.com/

and on the top right there is the messages icon.

I do not understand what is wrong with my message area, it has refused to load completely, I have been trying it since, meanwhile other pages are loading completely ,check the file below

Hi Adediran,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Based on your screenshot, the page seems to be loaded completely, just some little mess up with the table for displaying the actual messages. Could you please try accessing your private messages using your desktop computer to see if that helps? Additionally, you can try accessing the message using this direct link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Wow thanks so much moderator, I will need to access it with my PC
mehran1013
Community Member

Hi,
I think you must improve your proposal and change it every once in a while and try to attach some related work as an example that would give the client a good impression.
This might be more helpful.

Kindly have a look at my profile and advice accordingly.
Thank you
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths