🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Still not getting any requests
Page options
lerone_wright
Community Member

Still not getting any requests

Hello,

I really need some help with UPWORK, I've sent out over 25 proposals, I've bought so many connects and even signed up for Freelancer plus, Since I keep buying connects but I'm not getting any interviews. I received 1 interview over 2 weeks ago, and I haven't heard from the client and I'm still in the interview. I just have to ask. Is there anything wrong with my profile? Is it because I have no activity on my account? How can I at least get someone to hire me> I'm even doing simple tasks and throwing out information for Free. Its been more than a month, and I've been spending and spending looking for an opportunity with 0 results. Can someone tell me what I profile lacks? I've edited it over and over and I'm not even getting any profile views. Is my account bugged or is my account being discriminated against? 

I just really want to start working and not spend my entire day looking at proposals and selecting jobs that I will be able to excel on. I need help, please!

Profile: https://www.upwork.com/fl/leronewright3

If they're any clients here. I would like to ask, based on your experience. Wouldn't you select me for a position? and What else do I build to make my proposals more exciting? I've already gone through the necessity of sending proposals and tailoring it specifically to my client's preference and also to cover areas needed for the position, and I compose my message from scratch. I include the client's name when it is available. I've spent about 100 connects already, not including the free ones I received when I created my profile, and I have 50 more. I just decided to shot a question here again, before I waste any more. ANY help is needed as much as possible because I'm not gaining anything. I'm investing in UPWORK and my money is going down. 1 whole month dedicated to Upwork and I'm severely stressed and worried about wasting Time when. I want to work, Long hours. Even 12 hours a day, the quality of my work is always excellent when Working with Amazon but What am I lacking is the question. The help pages assisted me well enough to be fully integrated into UPAORK work ethics, but how do I actually just get hired? Please respond. I Need Every Help Possible

Lerone D

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sjbercot
Community Member

I *very quickly* glanced at your profile, and I'm not in those industries, but it seems to me that you have very different skills listed, which will make serious clients wonder how specialized or skilled you are in any of those areas. Customer service is so saturated on Upwork, you really want to stand out. Think of ways you can start to specialize or stand out from other freelancers in your area(s). And don't waste your first profile (or proposal) lines on thank-yous, or My name is... stuff. Clients see these first few lines when they're scanning proposals and profiles, so you want them to really count. My proposals are usually about ten or twelve lines max, include one or two examples of work, and start with something like, "Hello, I am a certified widget analyst experienced in troubleshooting widget problems just like yours, and I can..." Don't go overboard. Clients are busy and want to be able to scan your info and know what you're about in just a few seconds.

Also, PLEASE stop working for free. Why would a client hire you if you're providing work and information for free? Offering free or near free work to get in the door is a trap that many new freelancers fall into. This method is not usually the path to longevity or success here. Clients don't tend to appreciate it and reward you with jobs. They tend to take the free work and not hire you. Multiple threads discuss this problem, usually opened by a freelancer surprised to find they won't be paid for a job they completed but were never hired for. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lerone_wright
Community Member

Bump. Any help or information would be helpful. Please. I'm in desperate need for help. Can anyone offer a helping hand or even some tips, not provided on the upwork help pages?
sjbercot
Community Member

I *very quickly* glanced at your profile, and I'm not in those industries, but it seems to me that you have very different skills listed, which will make serious clients wonder how specialized or skilled you are in any of those areas. Customer service is so saturated on Upwork, you really want to stand out. Think of ways you can start to specialize or stand out from other freelancers in your area(s). And don't waste your first profile (or proposal) lines on thank-yous, or My name is... stuff. Clients see these first few lines when they're scanning proposals and profiles, so you want them to really count. My proposals are usually about ten or twelve lines max, include one or two examples of work, and start with something like, "Hello, I am a certified widget analyst experienced in troubleshooting widget problems just like yours, and I can..." Don't go overboard. Clients are busy and want to be able to scan your info and know what you're about in just a few seconds.

Also, PLEASE stop working for free. Why would a client hire you if you're providing work and information for free? Offering free or near free work to get in the door is a trap that many new freelancers fall into. This method is not usually the path to longevity or success here. Clients don't tend to appreciate it and reward you with jobs. They tend to take the free work and not hire you. Multiple threads discuss this problem, usually opened by a freelancer surprised to find they won't be paid for a job they completed but were never hired for. 

I appreciate your reply. 

I was actually desperate in trying everything I know, just to even get success or form of action on my account. Sitting at home for more than a month yearning for something to do, without any form of results. I've also been looking at other successful freelancer's profile and I've been editing my profile description over and over to suit what I have to offer, then I edited it in comparison to those who just started and got projects to do, within the same field. 

I will try "again" to fix my portfolio. But it is very disheartening.

I hear you! Not sure about videos. I've never used one, but it probably can't hurt to have a good one up.

Well, I'll keep it up. I'll fine tune my profile as you instructed and let's hope for good results. Thanks again 🙂

Do Clients look at the introduction videos on Freelancer profiles? The help pages said its good to set one up. But the majority of freelancers that are successful do not have any introduction videos on their profile. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths