🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Still not "Rising Talent"?
Page options
david_giarratana
Community Member

Still not "Rising Talent"?

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test (link in email invitation)
  • Have at least one contract (but too few to receive a JSS) and deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days

I meet all requirements. What gives?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi David,

Just to confirm that, once qualified you will receive an email confirmation and the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi David,

Just to confirm that, once qualified you will receive an email confirmation and the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Cool, I'll wait a couple of days. Thank you.

@Goran V wrote:

Hi David,

If the freelancer meets all the criteria, what does "once qualified" mean? There are a lot of very confused new (some deserving) freelancers who do not know why they have been denied the badge when they have all the requirements. Please do not say it depends on a successful contract, because this is clearly untrue. 

If all requirements are met, that should qualify the Freelancer.  Upon numerous instances it's appeared that it's not that simple.  If it's not, why isn't it?  It'd be in everyone's best interests if it would be made simple.     

Pat and Nichola,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Rising Talent program, we'll take it into consideration when discussing it with the team. Essentially, Rising Talent program is invite only and the requirements listed in this help article are the minimum necessary to qualify. When inviting freelancers to the program, we do look at other factors, including information that may not be available in the public profile. As Goran noted, we can't always share why a specific profile qualifies or doesn't qualify to be added to the program in order to prevent any abuse. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Pat and Nichola,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Rising Talent program, we'll take it into consideration when discussing it with the team. Essentially, Rising Talent program is invite only and the requirements listed in this help article are the minimum necessary to qualify. When inviting freelancers to the program, we do look at other factors, including information that may not be available in the public profile. As Goran noted, we can't always share why a specific profile qualifies or doesn't qualify to be added to the program in order to prevent any abuse. 

Valeria, I am sorry to labor the point, but the help article is not the minimum, because new freelancers who have considerably less than the minimum are being awarded the rising talent badge. If this is by invitation only, then that help article should not be there at all, as it raises false hopes and is misleading at best - misrepresentation springs to mind. 

Nichola, feel free to send me a PM with links to profiles that don't meet the requirements listed in the article but have the Rising Talent article, I'll have it checked. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, quick question about the requirements. For a 100% complete profile, do you need to have work samples in the Portfolio section?  And what if your Certification section is blank? I'm new to Upwork and have met all the other requirements - just checking about the profile requirements. Thanks!

Hi Ginny,

To reach the initial 60% you’ll need a photo, title, overview, and at least one entry each for education, employment history, and skill tags. Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan! My profile includes everything you listed below. I just complete my first project on Monday, so perhaps it's too soon for me to be invited. I'll keep an eye out!

It will be a great help if you can check my profile. I think I am fully eligible for it.

Kind regards,

Abdul Wahab

Hi Abdul,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

@Nichola L wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Pat and Nichola,

Valeria, I am sorry to labor the point, but the help article is not the minimum, because new freelancers who have considerably less than the minimum are being awarded the rising talent badge. If this is by invitation only, then that help article should not be there at all, as it raises false hopes and is misleading at best - misrepresentation springs to mind. 

It is probably fair to assume that one metric that upwork will not openly discuss is the number of freelancers in a certain field, e.g. if it is flooded or not. So most likely new freelancers in this situation have to wait a little longer than in other fields, where the offer/demand ratio is more balanced. 

@Martina P wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Pat and Nichola,

It is probably fair to assume that one metric that upwork will not openly discuss is the number of freelancers in a certain field, e.g. if it is flooded or not. So most likely new freelancers in this situation have to wait a little longer than in other fields, where the offer/demand ratio is more balanced. 

I am sure that is the case. At one time the rising talent badge was put on hold. However, the rising talent criteria are misleading and it is unfair to raise false hopes. There should be far more emphasis on the invitation side of it and if a freelancer is given the badge merely on strength of his or her profile, then there should be a very thorough background check. 

Hi! Apparently I fulfil all requirements necessary for Rising talent but still not invited for the program any guidelines?

Hi Nichola and Pat,

Unfortunately I can`t share more details about our Rising Talent program, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Nichola and Pat,

Unfortunately I can`t share more details about our Rising Talent program, thank you.

Unfortunately for whom? If Upwork can't share details then perhaps the guidelines to getting the rising talent badge should be removed. 

As far as I can tell, the choice is entirely random and bears no relation to some of the profiles I have seen on the forum alone. It is really unacceptable to dangle a plastic carrot before the donkey's nose.

Hi! Apparently I fulfil all requirements necessary for Rising talent but still not invited for the program any guidelines

Hello Asad,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths