cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not "Rising Talent"?

Ginny S Member Since: Mar 31, 2019
11 of 15

Thanks Bojan! My profile includes everything you listed below. I just complete my first project on Monday, so perhaps it's too soon for me to be invited. I'll keep an eye out!

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
12 of 15

@Nichola L wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Pat and Nichola,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Rising Talent program, we'll take it into consideration when discussing it with the team. Essentially, Rising Talent program is invite only and the requirements listed in this help article are the minimum necessary to qualify. When inviting freelancers to the program, we do look at other factors, including information that may not be available in the public profile. As Goran noted, we can't always share why a specific profile qualifies or doesn't qualify to be added to the program in order to prevent any abuse. 

Valeria, I am sorry to labor the point, but the help article is not the minimum, because new freelancers who have considerably less than the minimum are being awarded the rising talent badge. If this is by invitation only, then that help article should not be there at all, as it raises false hopes and is misleading at best - misrepresentation springs to mind. 

It is probably fair to assume that one metric that upwork will not openly discuss is the number of freelancers in a certain field, e.g. if it is flooded or not. So most likely new freelancers in this situation have to wait a little longer than in other fields, where the offer/demand ratio is more balanced. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 15

@Martina P wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

Pat and Nichola,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about Rising Talent program, we'll take it into consideration when discussing it with the team. Essentially, Rising Talent program is invite only and the requirements listed in this help article are the minimum necessary to qualify. When inviting freelancers to the program, we do look at other factors, including information that may not be available in the public profile. As Goran noted, we can't always share why a specific profile qualifies or doesn't qualify to be added to the program in order to prevent any abuse. 

Valeria, I am sorry to labor the point, but the help article is not the minimum, because new freelancers who have considerably less than the minimum are being awarded the rising talent badge. If this is by invitation only, then that help article should not be there at all, as it raises false hopes and is misleading at best - misrepresentation springs to mind. 

It is probably fair to assume that one metric that upwork will not openly discuss is the number of freelancers in a certain field, e.g. if it is flooded or not. So most likely new freelancers in this situation have to wait a little longer than in other fields, where the offer/demand ratio is more balanced. 

I am sure that is the case. At one time the rising talent badge was put on hold. However, the rising talent criteria are misleading and it is unfair to raise false hopes. There should be far more emphasis on the invitation side of it and if a freelancer is given the badge merely on strength of his or her profile, then there should be a very thorough background check. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 15

Hi Nichola and Pat,

Unfortunately I can`t share more details about our Rising Talent program, thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 15

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Nichola and Pat,

Unfortunately I can`t share more details about our Rising Talent program, thank you.

Unfortunately for whom? If Upwork can't share details then perhaps the guidelines to getting the rising talent badge should be removed. 

As far as I can tell, the choice is entirely random and bears no relation to some of the profiles I have seen on the forum alone. It is really unacceptable to dangle a plastic carrot before the donkey's nose.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS