🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Stolen money?
Page options
deea6ccd
Community Member

Stolen money?

I was told to verify my Visa card before I hired anyone, so I did. I was NOT told that I would be charged over $10.00 for this, I was told it was a "small" amount of money. I can almost hire my developer for a whole hour with that. When/How can I get my money back?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adrian, 

When you add a credit card to your Upwork account, you may need to verify your card via 2 small charges which may equal a total of $10. Please note that it may take up to five days for the two charges to show up on your credit card account. These charges will appear in your Reports tab in your Transaction History.

As Preston has noted, it will be refunded to the credit card as soon as it is verified or after the 7th day from the date the card was added if verification is not completed. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

The money will be refunded automatically. You don't need to do anything to make that happen.

Great thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adrian, 

When you add a credit card to your Upwork account, you may need to verify your card via 2 small charges which may equal a total of $10. Please note that it may take up to five days for the two charges to show up on your credit card account. These charges will appear in your Reports tab in your Transaction History.

As Preston has noted, it will be refunded to the credit card as soon as it is verified or after the 7th day from the date the card was added if verification is not completed. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
michael_skaggs
Community Member

I suggest you read up on this:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card

Especially the "What happens to the 2 small charges?" part toward the bottom.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths