🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Struggling to get the first job !
Page options
arrans
Community Member

Struggling to get the first job !

Hello Upworkers, 

Probably the topic isn't new to anyone who's been here for a longer period of time, but i really struggle to get the first contract. 

Submitted 31 proposals and got a round number of offers  0 .
I'm new to freelance as a concept in general and to this website as a platform in particular.

Therefore i would love to hear what more you, experienced freelancers and community members, have to say about the new profile that i composed.

As a disclaimer : i stand by the skills listed and level of competence that was indicated, the matter in question is the "format" of the description. 

In other words, is it decent enouht to get the employers to invest their money and trust in me ? 

Thank you for attention.  

3 REPLIES 3
coronas_kriziel
Community Member

I have the same struggle too. Even stopped being active for quite some time. I just came back today and trying again. Maybe something works this time around.

Wish you luck on that one !
So far i haven't seen any results.
jenilene
Community Member

I have been on Upwork for a few months now, with maybe 2 of those months being time I actively put out proposals.  I, too, am having the same issues.  I would love to hear from those who have been successful on upwork.  I may post a thread in the freelancers forum.  

For me, I am wondering if my rate is too high.  That said, there are times that Upwork will notify me that I'm charging too little for a particular job.

Anyway, here to commiserate and get feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths