🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Submission of Invoices and Charging of Accoun...
Page options
Community Member

Submission of Invoices and Charging of Account for Payment

Am I missing something or is it ok for invoices to be submitted and payment just automatically deducted from your account?

Also, how is it that a Project can be put on hold on Upwork and your account is still being charged?

Guys, a newcomer deserves a better experience! How can I get these addressed and fixed right away?

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Adrian,

All payments on your Reports    Transactions have official invoices that are ready to be downloaded or printed for record-keeping purposes. The finance system charges your billing method automatically whenever you have a balance due.

I checked your account and I was able to locate the contract you're referring to. Upon checking, it looks like the invoice is for the hours logged before you have placed the contract on hold. You may check the date on the invoice as well as the information noted on your Transaction History page. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

To be clear...is your reply to my post ysterdayt saying....hours can be logged...there is no approval yet Upwork just goes and charges and charges? Can you clarify please as that makes no sense.

Hi Adrian,

I've merged your posts to the original thread to keep all the information in one place. As Joanne mentioned here, the finance system charges your billing method automatically whenever you have a balance due, specifically for hourly contracts. Every Monday, you'll be invoiced for the previous week's hours logged by the freelancers and, on that same week, you'll be able to review those hours before the funds are released to them. You can find more information here.

For fixed-price projects, you will be able to fund the contracts using escrow and review a freelancer's or agency submission before releasing the funds. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Ok...so I post an issue I am having on here related to billing and hrs logged. A moderator responds with an email I cant even reply to...my concerns are still very relevant guys...can they be addressed properly!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths