🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 'Submit a Proposal' page bugged out
Page options
nikitaar
Community Member

'Submit a Proposal' page bugged out

Hi all!

I'm new to Upwork and have been having a good time so far getting my profile ready and submitting proposals for jobs I think I can do well.

I just found a job that would be a perfect fit for me and I've put a lot of time and effort into writing a cover letter for it, as well as answering the additional questions the client had.

Once I was done, I hit the 'Submit a Proposal' button and the page has now been stuck for over 5 minutes. The content is mostly greyed out and there is a green loading circle in the middle of the page. The page can still be scrolled.

I'm wondering if I've lost my cover letter and other written information for good, or is there anything I can do to recover it and re-submit my proposal?

I've also checked the 'My Proposals' page to make sure it hasn't gone through and the page is just bugged, but no, that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Nikita

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Nikita,

I'm not sure if you were able to get it solved but I checked and looks like you successfully submitted a proposal not long ago, can you confirm? If the issue persists, you might want to clear the cache and cookies or try a different browser so you can attempt to submit your proposal again. If you're still having the same issue, let us know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Nikita,

I'm not sure if you were able to get it solved but I checked and looks like you successfully submitted a proposal not long ago, can you confirm? If the issue persists, you might want to clear the cache and cookies or try a different browser so you can attempt to submit your proposal again. If you're still having the same issue, let us know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nikitaar
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Luiggi!

The issue never resolved itself but I was able to find a third-party program that reads RAM. I used it to recover the text in the input fields of the Chrome web page that was still stuck loading. The program is called HxD20. I submitted a new proposal after that, glad I didn't have to write it from scratch!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths