🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Submitting 13 proposals to the clients and ge...
Page options
dysopheak
Community Member

Submitting 13 proposals to the clients and get no response

Hi everyone! I am actively in upwork for 7 days and I have submitted 13 proposals to the clients. I got none response from them. Could anybody here view my profile and give me some advice pls. Thank in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sopheak D wrote:

Thank mr Prashan for your answer. I am not clear about that. I have done everything as upwork intruduced step by step to get my profile done. I have completed all the skills that I can work well on it. As I have no job offer from the client, so the rate doesn't appear.

Your rate appears on your profile, and a prospective client will see it before hiring you. It is too low in regard to the qualifications you claim, so you will not be taken seriously by serious clients. 

Your rate is one of your marketing tools, and has to align with your experience, your portfolio, and the professional wording of your overview. Once you have a potential client wondering about inconsistencies, you have lost a client. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bobafett999
Community Member

Your rate and skills do not align.

Thank mr Prashan for your answer. I am not clear about that. I have done everything as upwork intruduced step by step to get my profile done. I have completed all the skills that I can work well on it. As I have no job offer from the client, so the rate doesn't appear.

@Sopheak D wrote:

Your rate appears on your profile, and a prospective client will see it before hiring you. It is too low in regard to the qualifications you claim, so you will not be taken seriously by serious clients. 

Your rate is one of your marketing tools, and has to align with your experience, your portfolio, and the professional wording of your overview. Once you have a potential client wondering about inconsistencies, you have lost a client. 

Thank for you compliment Martina. I was wondering how to improve my rate if I still don't get offer the job from the clients. I really need my first job to improve my rate, even I could work for free.

sgortyal
Community Member

Hi Sopheak, 

In your profile overview, try to focus on what you are going to offer to the clients. Build your profile as to answer the question: why should they hire you? You mentioned your architecture skills, But include offerings as specific (as you mentioned in portfolio): 1. 2D to 3D plans  2.3D renderings  3. BIM.

You can also visit this link, to enhance your profile:https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/

While submitting proposals, write particular proposals for that specific job, do not use earlier proposals or templates. Mention what you are going to offer in first to two lines. Also for more, refer:https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs/

Hi Shubham! Thank you very much for your tips. Yes, I have submitted most of previous proposals, but I have submitted different proposals in the latest three to impress the client and I still got no response from them.

Sopheak,

while selecting jobs to send proposals, use filters option smartly. Like find the job post which has less than 5 proposals / where client is looking for entry level freelancer / your location specific / skills specific. And If client shared some initial files or looklike output files, send him some sample initial work(work on those files) to give him assurance that you can do this work. 

Shubham,

Thank you very much for your tips. I found out that your compliment is reasionable and I will try!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths