🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Submitting Proposals/No Responses
Page options
brookss
Community Member

Submitting Proposals/No Responses

II am fairly new to upwork.  I have submitted several proposals with no response.  I haven't received anykind of response.. not a yes, no, or that the job was given to someone else, we received your proposal.... absolutely nothing.  Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this the way the site works?  

4 REPLIES 4
joynul33
Community Member

You didn't put any portfolio yet. Please upload some example in your portfolio. Please continue applying Hope will get project soon.

Have a good luck!

Joynul
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Sundra B wrote:

is this the way the site works?  

Yes.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Should a client get interested in your proposal, they'll send you a message and you'll see the msg in your email.

When they award you the project, Upwork will notify you.

You'll only get a proposal declined message if client hires another FL and marks that he's done hiring for that particular job posting when hiring another FL.

If the client doesn't

- actively decline your proposal, or

- mark that he's done hiring for that project after he hires someone, Upwork doesn't notify.

If the job closes due to expiration without client hiring, Upwork notifies you.

kat303
Community Member

Sundra B wrote:

II am fairly new to upwork.  I have submitted several proposals with no response.  I haven't received anykind of response.. not a yes, no, or that the job was given to someone else, we received your proposal.... absolutely nothing.  Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this the way the site works?  

-------------------

Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. That's the way freelancing and this site works. You put in your proposal and move on looking for other jobs. You don't wonder if someone else was hired, or if the job is closed or anything like that. IF the client is interested in your proposal they will get in touch with you 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths