🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Submitting a proposal and getting paid?
Page options
joerovito
Community Member

Submitting a proposal and getting paid?

when we submit proposals does the customer get to download them? Or do we submit other artwork for them to decide? I am asking because I want to get paid but am unsure of what a proposal should have. make sense?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for KB articles 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe, 

I wanted to clarify that when you are submitting a proposal, you are bidding for the job, and you are bidding against other freelancers. We always recommend for users not to submit final output with their proposals. You can start working when the client to has sent you an offer, you accepted the offer, it's listed as an active contract on your My Jobs page, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

If you have other questions, you can post it on this same thread, and our team, and the Community will be happy to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe, 

I wanted to clarify that when you are submitting a proposal, you are bidding for the job, and you are bidding against other freelancers. We always recommend for users not to submit final output with their proposals. You can start working when the client to has sent you an offer, you accepted the offer, it's listed as an active contract on your My Jobs page, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

If you have other questions, you can post it on this same thread, and our team, and the Community will be happy to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
versailles
Community Member

Joe R wrote:

when we submit proposals does the customer get to download them? Or do we submit other artwork for them to decide? I am asking because I want to get paid but am unsure of what a proposal should have. make sense?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for KB articles 

You submit no artwork. You send a proposal to the job post explaining what you can do for them and you add some links to previous work so they can see what kind of stuff you can deliver.

And you forget about it.

If the client messages you, then you guys can talk. But only to clarify the scope of the job. It is only when you are hired that you start working.

And read what Avery shared. Seriously.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths