cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Submitting the work

Prashant B Member Since: Feb 20, 2017
1 of 10

Hi everyone,

I'm about to submit my first project wherein the client needed a 3D render of an Interior space. It's an Hourly project. How should I be proceding with this? Should I send a lower resolution (lower quality) preview to the client first and once my payment is released, I send the Final product? or does it work the other way around...?

How should it go with Fixed Price Projects?

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply...

Regards.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

Did you track your time with the Upwork app, proper memos etc?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 10

The answer is: no.

You should not submit a lower-resolution file. You are working on an hourly contract. You submit all files all the time to the client. You do not wait for payment to be released.

The client does not "release payment."

The client does not do anything. The client's credit card is automatically billed.

You need to log time properly and understand that the work you are doing is going to be paid for automatically, and it does not belong to you. It belongs to the paying client. It is not your work to hold back or play games with.

Highlighted
4 of 10

Thanks for answering Preston. So I submit the final product and wait for the client to approve it? Is this how it goes?

what if they needs some changes? will they be charged? or do i need to keep some buffer time for these possible changes...?

How does it go for Fixed Price Jobs.

Thanks in advance..

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 10

Prashant, if it's an hourly job, you will be paid for however many hours you work on the project.  This would, of course, include revisions, etc.  Submit the work but if the client needs more work, do it!

Community Guru
6 of 10

re: "So I submit the final product and wait for the client to approve it?"

Does not matter if the client approves it or not. You are getting paid for your time.

It has nothing to do with whether the client approves anything. Hourly contracts do not have a button or tool that clients can use to approve anything.

I feel like you are trying to connect the hourly contract model to the fixed-price contract model. They're not the same.

Community Guru
7 of 10

re: "What if they needs some changes?"

If they need changes, they'll tell you they need changes. And you'll make changes while you log time working on their project.

re: "Will they be charged?"

If the client needs changes, then you will log time while you work on those changes. So the client will automatically be charged.

Community Guru
8 of 10

re: "Do I need to keep some buffer time for these possible changes?"

No. No buffer time. This is an hourly contract.

"Buffer time" is a concept associated with fixed-price contracts. It has nothing to do with hourly contracts.

9 of 10
Thanks a lot Preston for answering all the queries so patiently. I'm new to Upwork and getting along with the work culture here. And so, you might see more of me coming up with my questions here in the Community Smiley Happy Regards.
10 of 10

Thanks Mary for the reply. Getting myself familiar with Upwork and its work culture.

Regards.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS