🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Submitting work for milestone approval [ is G...
Page options
theunishall
Community Member

Submitting work for milestone approval [ is Gdrive acceptable]

Hi all,

I need to know how I should submit work for approval. Currently I am busy with a job, milestone 1 to be exact. I am ready to submit the work for approval by the client, but I'm not entirely sure where to do that. The client did provide a Google Drive link for submission but I'm not sure if that's legal or right by UpWork's standards. I know there is a "Submit Work/Request $" button under the Active contracts in My Jobs.

Thanks,

Theunis.

2 REPLIES 2
yitwail
Community Member

If the client wants you to use Google Drive, then that's what you should use. Send the client a message that you uploaded the work to Google Drive, then use the Submit Work button. You can optionally also submit the same file through Upwork at the same time, as insurance, even if the client isn't expecting it.

@Theunis H wrote:

Hi all,

I need to know how I should submit work for approval. Currently I am busy with a job, milestone 1 to be exact. I am ready to submit the work for approval by the client, but I'm not entirely sure where to do that. The client did provide a Google Drive link for submission but I'm not sure if that's legal or right by UpWork's standards. I know there is a "Submit Work/Request $" button under the Active contracts in My Jobs.

Thanks,

Theunis.

Actually, you can use whatever method you and your client prefer, as far as I know It's no against TOS, as you mention there is the "Oficial", set in place for our protection in case Client disappears, as long as the milestone is funded.

Personally, I have never used it (I've been lucky), I sent the files (or the info that I have finished because I don't have anything to send) thru upwork message and the same day or the next client releases funds and funds new milestone and so on.

If you prefer you can upload file as indicated by client, give him a day or two, if there's not aswer, well "Sumit Work/Request" button to start the clock.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths