cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Proposals

Highlighted
Susan Z Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
1 of 9

I am new to Upwork and would like to start off on the right foot.  Is there somewhere I can go to see examples of successful proposals and/or tips as to what constitutes a good proposal.

Thanks for any advice.  Susan

Highlighted
Community Leader
Timothy S Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
2 of 9

Welcome to Upwork, Susan!

Here's an article talking about how to write a successful proposal: https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs/

Highlighted
3 of 9

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for passing on this useful link, it had some very good points that I had not thought of.

All the Best,

Susan

Highlighted
Community Leader
Timothy S Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
4 of 9

You're very welcome, Susan! I'm glad I could help.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 9

@Timothy S wrote:

Welcome to Upwork, Susan!

Here's an article talking about how to write a successful proposal: https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs/

I cannot believe Upwork is actively promoting copy & paste proposals. Create a template and just paste it into the text box if you don't have enough time for a customized proposal???

Read other freelancer's feedback and address the client by their name? That makes all the difference? Repeating names misspelled by other people? Or the name of the hiring manager who's no longer with the client?

Tell them about your feedback and your education? In the proposal? What's my profile for?

Seriously?

That is bad advice, IMHO. And based on one provider's experience only.

Highlighted
Anna S Member Since: Feb 26, 2016
6 of 9

I completely agree! I received a 4.5/5 on my readiness test because I didn't select the copy and paste proposal as a best practice. I write each proposal specifically for the job it's for, and if I were hiring, would be able to spot a copy/paste immediately and keep scrolling. If you can't take the time to write me a new proposal, how can I trust you'll take the time to complete my job thoroughly and accurately?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Susan,

In addition to the article Timothy shared, check out this recoding of our Proposal webinar and feel free to search the Community for threads like this where proposals have already been discussed..

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 9

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for sending me this video.  It was very instructive.  I hope to integrate these ideas into my proposals in the future.

All the Best,

Susan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
9 of 9

You're a bilingual copywriter? That's FABULOUS!!!

Just a suggestion, I'd edit the first sentence in your profile to read:

I am a freelance writer, copywriter, proofreader and English/Spanish translator.

It's direct, to the point, and doesn't scream newbie via "I'm looking to establish..." (we all are).

Or, you could say, "I'm a bilingual English/Spanish translator, writer, and proofreader."

Unless you want to focus on copywriting as your primary niche?

Just my 2 cents. Other Upworkers may offer alternate suggestions. 

Welcome to Upwork Smiley Happy