🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Suspended Contract
Page options
abuaaban
Community Member

Suspended Contract

Hi Upwork,
I am working here as a freelance writer. I have got a contract of an ebook from a client but I got a notification about the suspension of my contract. Still it is suspended as I have completed the work which he ordered. Please solve the issue and get that contract active or let me know what should I do further.

Please let me know, why this contract is suspended?
Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I am working here as a freelance writer. I have got a contract of an ebook from a client but I got a notification about the suspension of my contract. Still it is suspended as I have completed the work which he ordered. Please solve the issue and get that contract active or let me know what should I do further.

Please let me know, why this contract is suspended?"

Why is the contract suspended? Upwork does not provide details about that, but there is pretty much only one reason that Upwork suspends an ongoing contract: There is a problem with the client's payment method. If Upwork can not charge the client's account, then Upwork can not get paid, and Upwork can not pay you (the freelancer).

So when Upwork suspends a contract, you (the freelancer) stop working on it.

Very simple.

re: "Please solve the issue and get that contract active..."

This is not something for you to ask or work on. This is between the client and Upwork. Your request changes nothing.

re: "...or let me know what should I do further."

What do do? Nothing.

Be patient. When the contract suspension is released, you will be notified, and you may continue working.

Preston H wrote:

there is pretty much only one reason that Upwork suspends an ongoing contract: There is a problem with the client's payment method.

This is not true. Any suspension of the client will lead to the suspension of all contracts, and there are lots and lots of reasons why that may happen, issues with the payment method being just one of them.

Preston H wrote:

re: "...or let me know what should I do further."

What do do? Nothing.

Exactly.

Only the client can fix this. If this is a fixed rate contract and the work is done, there is no reason why you should not submit for payment. If it is hourly and you tracked your hours correctly there isn't that much of an issue anyway.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths