🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Suspended Twice After First Job Post! Why?
Page options
8848dcb9
Community Member

Suspended Twice After First Job Post! Why?

I recently created a new upwork account and muddled through the job posting process. I started sending invitiations to prospective freelancers when I receieved an e-mail from upwork saying my account was suspended. They even said they probably wouldn't communicate with me, offering no explaination of what my violation was. To add insuld to injury they give a link to a message that you can only access via your account of which mine was deleted. I signed up for another acocunt and Upwork did the same thing! This time, I signed up through google and immediately came to the forums.  Why is this happening?  I've seen on reddit that this has happened to other people as well.  If Upwork didn't dominate the freelance market I would never come back.  Actively looking for alternatives. This is ridiculous.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Charles T wrote:

I recently created a new upwork account and muddled through the job posting process. I started sending invitiations to prospective freelancers when I receieved an e-mail from upwork saying my account was suspended. They even said they probably wouldn't communicate with me, offering no explaination of what my violation was. To add insuld to injury they give a link to a message that you can only access via your account of which mine was deleted. I signed up for another acocunt and Upwork did the same thing!

Something in your invites was violating the terms of service and the freelancers you invited reported you.

If you were suspended, the last thing you were allowed to do was open another account.

8848dcb9
Community Member

" If you were suspended, the last thing you were allowed to do was open
another account."

I had to use an old e-mail account.
colettelewis
Community Member

Charles T wrote:

I recently created a new upwork account and muddled through the job posting process. I started sending invitiations to prospective freelancers when I receieved an e-mail from upwork saying my account was suspended. They even said they probably wouldn't communicate with me, offering no explaination of what my violation was. To add insuld to injury they give a link to a message that you can only access via your account of which mine was deleted. I signed up for another acocunt and Upwork did the same thing! This time, I signed up through google and immediately came to the forums.  Why is this happening?  I've seen on reddit that this has happened to other people as well.  If Upwork didn't dominate the freelance market I would never come back.  Actively looking for alternatives. This is ridiculous.

Rather than "muddling through" the job-posting process, it would have been better if you had read how Upwork operates first. If you had read Upwork's Terms of Service, you may well have avoided the "muddle" you find yourself in now. Upwork is a market leader, but there are other sites. However, these too have rules and regs, so it would be best to read them before posting a job. 

Are you under the impression that this reply is remotely helpful. Did you
have your lawyer review the entire ToS before posting a simple data entry
job posting. Seems draconian to attempt to digitally "ghost" me.
JoanneP

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'd like to look into this for you. Please send me a PM with more information so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths