🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » System won't release escrow amount on job com...
Page options
be3eea1c
Community Member

System won't release escrow amount on job completed

Set up my Upwork account today. Posted my job, found a freelancer, put money in escrow and have had the job completed. I tried to add a bonus which it wouldn't let me as my payment method is unverifed (you haven't sent codes yet.) It now won't let me pay the original amount even although the error msg says I should be able to. Would really like to get the freelancer paid, he's done a quick and thorough job and should not have to wait!

Please advise asap

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike,

The two small verification charges were placed on your credit card when you added it as a payment method. The sum of those charges equal $10 and should appear in your credit card statement shortly. Then you can enter those amounts in the verification form in your Settings> Billing Methods and complete the verification. $10 will be refunded back to your credit card.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
be3eea1c
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Many thanks for your reply. I understand the verification procedure, the issue is that your system is telling me I could pay the amount in escrow without these codes but then wasn't allowing me to do so. I seem to have confused it by trying to add a bonus but even when I just tried to pay the original amount I kept getting the error message about the bonus. I have spoken to the seller who is happy to wait but there is a bug in your system that needs looking at. See attached screenshot for details

Kind Regards,

Mike

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up with additional clarification, Mike! 

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths