🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Talking outside of upwork
Page options
musaddiq885
Community Member

Talking outside of upwork

If a client requests for interview on skype or want to talk about the work on another site.

Is this violation of Up Work terms to talk on another site

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this violation of Up Work terms to talk on another site"

No. There are NO Upwork rules preventing this.

The main Upwork rule you might be thinking of is that all PAYMENTS must go through Upwork. But you can communicate using any method you like.

And as far as Skype goes: Clients who want to communicate using Skype are usually legitimate, serious clients.

People who want to communicate using Google Hangouts are usually scammers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this violation of Up Work terms to talk on another site"

No. There are NO Upwork rules preventing this.

The main Upwork rule you might be thinking of is that all PAYMENTS must go through Upwork. But you can communicate using any method you like.

And as far as Skype goes: Clients who want to communicate using Skype are usually legitimate, serious clients.

People who want to communicate using Google Hangouts are usually scammers.

Thanks very much "Mr Preston H"

Thank goodness. Kind of hard to understand the rules sometimes. I was questioned by Upwork about calling a client - at his request - at his work phone. I now have a client who has difficulty navigating this site, so even thought I prefer a text, now I know that it's OK to accept her phone calls.

Clients and freelancers may use any method to communicate... as long as the freelancer has already been hired officially with an Upwork contract.

Before June 26, 2020, they could communicate before having a contract. But now, all communication must take place on the Upwork platform BEFORE a client has hired a freelancer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths