» Forums » New to Upwork » Tax Classification
Page options
Community Member

Tax Classification

I created a C Corp under which I want to report my freelance individual taxable earnings.Can I add my C Corporation (it is differently titled from my personal name) as a federal tax classification on my individual profile? I want to but I dont know if it will trigger anything on Upwork's end when they see the legal name of business different from my personal name and I dont want unnecessary hold ups on my profile


Please note that the above question is not asking for a tax advice as I am a US CPA myself and knows taxes. The above question is me checking whether Upwork accepts and allow legal name of business different then personal name on individual profiles?

Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hassaan,


Your profile name needs to be your full legal name. But you can add your company information under your Tax information by going to Settings > Tax Information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths