🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tax Forms
Page options
rbilleaud
Community Member

Tax Forms

Didn't know exactly where to post this. So this is the first year I've been on Upwork and I'm curious about taxes. Does Upwork provide a 1099? If so, I never received one. If not, how do you all handle your taxes? I haven't made much, a little over $1000, but I'm pretty sure I need to claim that.

3 REPLIES 3
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Robert,

Upwork will file a Form 1099-K with the IRS for you, and you will receive a copy of your Form 1099-K via U.S. Postal Service by January 31. Remember that only those who have received over $20,000 in gross payments across more than 200 incoming transactions will receive a 1099-K. If you don’t meet the minimum payment threshold and/or transaction count, you will not receive any type of 1099 form. For more information, please click here.

Untitled

Well that's fine but, where do I get the information about the name, address and tax id number for the employer that you would find on a 1099? I have to report where the income is coming from.

@ Robert B. -- Wrong idea. You are not working for any "employer." You are an independent contractor. You should be filing a Schedule C or similar.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths