🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Tax number for morocco
Page options
mehdisouifi
Community Member

Tax number for morocco

hello everybody,
My name is Mehdi, and I'm new to Upwork. I just created my profile and I'm very concerned about the payment system. as you all know that I need to add a tax number but I don't know how to get it.

I'm a traveler so I'm always on the move. My nationality is moroccan but I used to live in Tunisia, then for some months in France and now I'm in Turkey and my next destination is gonna be east asia (maybe Thailand.
So how to get this tax code and from which country. 
should I take it from my mother country or I can take it from any country that I'm living in.
Please guys help me I'm so confused about that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mehdi S wrote:

hello Petra,
can you please explain more because when I put my payment informations. it asks me to add W8ben which I don't understand?

You just complete the W8BEN form. It is simply to confirm that you are not a US tax payer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Mehdi S wrote:

as you all know that I need to add a tax number but I don't know how to get it.

No, you do not "have to add a tax number"

hello Petra,
can you please explain more because when I put my payment informations. it asks me to add W8ben which I don't understand?

Mehdi S wrote:

hello Petra,

You just complete the W8BEN form. It is simply to confirm that you are not a US tax payer.

Thank You so much Petra. I'm always sceptical about these taxes things so I don't want to get into trouble. thank you again.

1fd4d761
Community Member

Hi Petra thank you very much for your replay it's really interseting and helpfull to find this replay but the problem that i found is : i will just fill my name that's all ??

tax.png

7d4dcde2
Community Member

Hi moroccian one good job. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths