🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tax
Page options
sareozdemir
Community Member

Tax

Hello, I am very new at Upwork and I just have done my first job. I am a student, I am not a tax-payer and I am not a U.S. person. But my payment method and schedule look inactive. How can I make them look active and what should I do with my W8BEN form? Also my client did the payment, like 2 hours ago, when will I see the earning on "Earnings avaliable now"? Thank you all.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sare, 

Thank you for this question. It looks like you were able to successfully complete your  W-8BEN form.

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. The 5-day security period allows the system to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sare, 

Thank you for this question. It looks like you were able to successfully complete your  W-8BEN form.

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. The 5-day security period allows the system to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

~ Bojan
Upwork
7b1c40c6
Community Member

Hello, I am  new at Upwork and I just have done my first job. I am a student, I am NOT a tax-payer and I am NOT a U.S. person. But my payment method and schedule look inactive. How can I make them look active and what should I do with my W8BEN form? What should I enter as the legal name of tax payer and fderal tax classification

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dillon, 

Just a gentle reminder that Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. You may read more about it here

As for your W-8BEN, you may check this article for more information on how to fill up the form.

~ Avery
Upwork
64a3deb0
Community Member

Hello I am also a student studying in Barbados but I am a Nigerian. I left when I was 16 and I don't have any tax number in both Nigeria and Barbados. And students are not allowed to do any job that is within the country but you can work online. How do I go about the taxes from with any tax number?

64a3deb0
Community Member

* without any tax verification number 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths