🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Taxes for French
Page options
686176e5
Community Member

Taxes for French

Hello, everyone 

It's been a few days that I'm looking for that answer, but can't find it. So, I decided to ask you, guys. 

I'm a French citizen, I understand that I have to declare my income and pay taxes in France. My question is, do I have to pay any taxes for USA, or for the state of California where Upwork is based, or for the country of citizenship of my future customer or any other possible taxes? If yes or no, what document can I read to make sure?

Thank you, a lot, for your answers!

All the best

Alexandra

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alexandra D wrote:

Hello, everyone 

It's been a few days that I'm looking for that answer, but can't find it. So, I decided to ask you, guys. 

I'm a French citizen, I understand that I have to declare my income and pay taxes in France. My question is, do I have to pay any taxes for USA, or for the state of California where Upwork is based, or for the country of citizenship of my future customer or any other possible taxes? If yes or no, what document can I read to make sure?

Thank you, a lot, for your answers!

All the best

Alexandra

No, of course not. You pay income tax in the country you live in. If you don't have a VAT number, you also pay VAT on the upwork fee and connects. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths