🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Technical Issues losing clientelle
Page options
sutoldesignsllc
Community Member

Technical Issues losing clientelle

I lost two clientelle due to technical difficulties. One was due to the video messaging system not connecting during an interview time, and another due to the fact that I never received an attachment sent by the client via Upwork's messaging system. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Jessica,

I use other video services most of the time and occasionally have to use email to send or receive files attached to Upwork messages.

There is no reason to wait for Upwork to fix these elements of the Upwork experience, but losing projects because of them is unnecessary.

re: "One was due to the video messaging system not connecting during an interview time..."

Yeah. Don't use that.

re: "...due to the fact that I never received an attachment sent by the client via Upwork's messaging system."

Yeah, sending files through Upwork's messaging system doesn't always work. Choose something else to use for critical file transfers: email, Dropbox FTP, USB flash drive, WeTransfer, Microsoft One Drive, Google Drive, etc.

In most cases, I only communicate with clients by email and (very seldom) telephone.  I submit my work by email and also through Upwork. Makes my life much easier.  As my clients often have huge document collections for me to work with, I use Dropbox.

lysis10
Community Member

oof how frustrating. I had a client say she sent me an attachment in the messaging system and it never went through. This happened a few weeks ago. Never thought much of it but I hope this isn't a thing.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths