🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Temporary Account on Hold
Page options
Community Member

Temporary Account on Hold

Hello there,
I hope you are fine and doing ok. My query is regarding an action taken on my profile.Everything was fine I was also working on a project which is going quite well. and I am grateful to Upwork for the platform they provide to us and the service is great.

Coming to the point, I mistakenly attached the bank account for transactaions which was of my son and on his name. Actually I was going to attach other payoneer but I forgot and attached the wrong one. I got temporary suspension of my account and being asked to put dare of birth of my son's payoneer and not mine which will surely create more issues therefore i contacted upwork's support team fot help.

As this is a temporary hold in that request (id # #29817021) I had to acknowledge the specific Terms of Service infraction and state that I will not repeat this violation going forward (as being informed).

I did the same I replied and I justified that this was not something intentionally and I assure you that this will not happen again. Because I always used this platform as a freelancer and I did not know much about policies. From the last 24 hours, I have not got any reply in that request-id. I assure you here too that this will not happen again. The greatness of this platform always attracted me and that's why I started working. I apologize for what I did accidentally and I again assure this will not happen again. As the poor financial condition of my family and I am the only one who make ends meet, I want to get successful through Upwork and work hard wirh determination. I hope that my profile status will be returned to normal. So that I may keep being benefitted from this great platfrom and provide my services to clients.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Looking forward to a positive reply.

Regards,
Munir **Edited for Community Guidelines**.
Virtual Assistant

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Munir,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and the hold on your account. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon. While you are waiting for a follow up on the ticket, if there is anything else you need help with, please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Munir,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and the hold on your account. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon. While you are waiting for a follow up on the ticket, if there is anything else you need help with, please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! My account is on hold and they say you need to review my account, you already did that and I’m not sure to understand why my account is on hold again. I’m new here and working on a project with a freelancer
Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Maria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same issue and haven't received any notification from Upwork. 

I funded my account for 100 USD (+3%) to hire a freelancer and all worked fine and I have the bill. Then I changed my invoicing and payment details afterwards and now the freelancer cannot accept the job and she gets a message that my account is on hold temporarily. I have no email or anything from Upwork about this and it is an urgent matter as we need the job completed at the earliest. 

Can you please have a look and let me know? 

Thanks

Hi Taylan,

I checked and can confirm that there are no holds on your account. Could you please let your freelancer know to reach out to us so that we can check from their end too?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you. All fine now!
ebf3d2a2
Community Member

Hi there,
I'm really very grateful to Upwork's founder and team members who have built such an amazing platform for us. By the way, I'm a freelancer on Upwork and my friend also. Recently he got an order and Upwork asked to verify his identity. Unfortunately, He was not able to verify his identity because of document issues. That's why he used his mother's Government ID card to verify the account and now his account is now, on temporary hold. 

here is the screenshot you can check: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

So, now I'm hoping to have assistance from the support team, on what he should do, as he is not able to post anything to the community and support.  

Hope me and my friend will get great support from the team member here. 

Thanks
Shahriar Shayem

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to discuss other user's accounts with you. Please request the account holder to contact us directly for better assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths