🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Temporary Profile Approval Issue
Page options
03e4a4ee
Community Member

Temporary Profile Approval Issue

Hi everyone, 

I recently started working from home and I applied for a job that required me to create a profile here in Upwork. I did multiple attempts in submitting my profile, each time improving the contents however it was always rejected. The company that I applied for had to find a work-around and create a ticket just to have Upwork temporarily approve my profile so that I can be hired and start training. I was informed that this was only a temporary fix and only effective for 24 hours. My profile will most likely be back to what it was unapporved and rejected. If anyone from Upwork can review my profile and tell me the spesific things I lack or need to add to my profile that would be awesome! I really need the work and right now working from home is the only option I have. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Jose Carlo,

If the client invited you to register on Upwork through the BYO program, you will be able to work with that client directly. However, in order to be able to send proposals to other jobs on the marketplace, your profile will need to be accepted. Please note that we accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace. Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is sufficient demand for your skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. If you haven’t already, check out this article for tips on building a great profile. We hope this information helps.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Jose Carlo,

If the client invited you to register on Upwork through the BYO program, you will be able to work with that client directly. However, in order to be able to send proposals to other jobs on the marketplace, your profile will need to be accepted. Please note that we accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace. Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is sufficient demand for your skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. If you haven’t already, check out this article for tips on building a great profile. We hope this information helps.

~Andrea
Upwork
03e4a4ee
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply. I'll use the steps and suggestions on the article although I have already used most of the tips listed there I'll keep trying. Thank you again for the assist Andrea Smiley Happy 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths