🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Terms and Conditions Querry
Page options
4b1fd277
Community Member

Terms and Conditions Querry

Hello Everyone,

I am 16 year old and I am from India. I want to work on Upwork as Web Designer  and I am ready with my skills. Is it allowed to work on Upwork at this age . If yes, then How should I receive my payments through paypal or other methods because they have age restrictions of 18 years. Or if I use those methods on my parents name then will it violate the terms and conditions of Upwork?

please Help!

Any suggestions will help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. You can close your Upwork account and create a new account when you turn 18.

This is how Upwork has been handling these situations when underage individuals create freelancer accounts.

View solution in original post

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alfiya,

Please note that Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. Please check this Help Article for more information.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly with more information. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alfiya S wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am 16 year old and I am from India. I want to work on Upwork as Web Designer  and I am ready with my skills. Is it allowed to work on Upwork at this age . If yes, then How should I receive my payments through paypal or other methods because they have age restrictions of 18 years. Or if I use those methods on my parents name then will it violate the terms and conditions of Upwork?

please Help!

Any suggestions will help.

Upwork does not allow freelancers under 18 years. You need to wait. 

Ok, Then if I close my account at this moment and then want to open a new Upwork Account after 2 years then it will let me open a new account with my same email Id and Informations.

Yes. You can close your Upwork account and create a new account when you turn 18.

This is how Upwork has been handling these situations when underage individuals create freelancer accounts.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alfiya,

Please note that Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. Please check this Help Article for more information.

One of our agents will reach out to you directly with more information. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths