🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Test wire transfer
Page options
andree1985
Community Member

Test wire transfer

Hi, is there a way to test if the wire transfer I setup works correclty, with a small amount of money perhaps? Or if I transfer my full weeks pay (as seems to be the only option) - what happens if something is not setup correctly?

I'm just very afraid of transfering funds in excess of $1000 and having it lost in the process somehow?

Looking forward to your response(s).

Best regards,

André

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andre E wrote:

I'm just very afraid of transfering funds in excess of $1000 and having it lost in the process somehow?

Money never gets "lost" - at worst it wanders about in the banking system for a week or two and then ends up in your Upwork account again.

Andre E wrote:

Hi, is there a way to test if the wire transfer I setup works correclty, with a small amount of money perhaps?

Sure, if you want to pay the $ 30 fee - just send some small amount. It would be a waste of money, but that is your choice,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Andre E wrote:

Money never gets "lost" - at worst it wanders about in the banking system for a week or two and then ends up in your Upwork account again.

Andre E wrote:

Hi, is there a way to test if the wire transfer I setup works correclty, with a small amount of money perhaps?

Sure, if you want to pay the $ 30 fee - just send some small amount. It would be a waste of money, but that is your choice,

Only noticed now that if I select a payment method I can specify an amount. Thank you very much Petra, I'll accept your answer in a moment.

Andre E wrote:

Only noticed now that if I select a payment method I can specify an amount. Thank you very much Petra, I'll accept your answer in a moment.

-----------

I may be wrong, but you might be right about specifing an amount (to be transfered) but the transfer itself costs an additional fee most likely set by the bank. So, assuming the fee is $30 and you test out a transfer of $1 it will cost you $31.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths