cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testimonials

durr-gail
Gail D Member Since: Aug 6, 2020
1 of 11

Is it required to have a LinkedIn account to submit a proposal?  Not everyone has one.

michaelajornlin
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
2 of 11

Hi Gail,

Thank you for your question. It is not required. During account creation, we ask about a LinkedIn account to automatically fill in some parts of your profile, but this is not required and you can complete those portions of the profile manually.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
durr-gail
Gail D Member Since: Aug 6, 2020
3 of 11

Hi Mike-

Thank you for your response.  I was actually wondering about the LinkedIn area on the request for testimonials. I have three clients that I've done work for before joining Upworks and they offered to submit a testimonial.  Only one has a LinkedIn account - I was able to send a request to him once I entered his LinkedIn information.  The other two do not have LinkedIn accounts and because I leave that blank it does not allow me to submit the request. How can they submit a proposal otherwise?

Thank you!

Gail

michaelajornlin
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
BEST ANSWER
4 of 11

Hi Gail,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. The client is required to have a LinkedIn account in order to request a testimonial. This is used to verify the validity of the testimonial.

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success

View solution in original post

karola_w
Karola W Member Since: Jan 22, 2021
5 of 11

That is such a shame - I've just done some work for a client but he's not on LinkedIn. Why such a severe restriction?

kerryjoy
Kerry S Member Since: Mar 6, 2021
6 of 11

This is really dissappointing, and unnecessary. Many people don't have linkedIN accounts. And if they are just creating them to then give you this testamonial it is alot of work for them, which is really not meaningful. May I suggest you look at the bigger picture, as there are many socials or other ways. This is not timely or convenient IMO. And it seems similar for many others. Could it be  time to review this policy please?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 11

Kerry S wrote:

And if they are just creating them to then give you this testamonial it is alot of work for them

Such a testimonial would probably just be rejected anyway as they want the client t have an established profile that lends credibility to the fact that they are a genuine client and business.

nexios0209
Nila G Member Since: May 10, 2020
8 of 11

I request my client about Testimonials and he gave it but it didn't show in my profile section.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Nila,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
mollyrmcewen
Molly M Member Since: Jan 24, 2021
10 of 11

How do we work around clients not having a Linkin account. 
My past employeers and Clients do not and will not have a Linkin account. 

So how can I use their testimonials? 
This isnt very fair to those that do not like or do not want a Linkin account. It also hurts me and others like me when we are trying to get testimonials out there for others to see. 

I am also not allowed to post or ask from some of my high profile clients because of who they are and I have signed NDA's. 

Any help on how I can get testimonials from clients/employeers on here would be great!

Thanks