🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Testimonials
Page options
mdata_f
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi everyone!

I am Pradeep, a new freelancer on Upwork. I don't have a client base on this portal, but I served many people across the globe on Excel Automation & PowerBI projects. 

My concern is this as I mentioned that I did work for many clients on different projects by different portals, so may I take their reviews as a testimonial. Which help me to start my career on this portal.

Is there any issue in taking my previous clients' revies on this portal.

Please provide your knowledge, if anyone can help me.

Thanks 

Pradeep

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Pradeep,

I would be happy to help. Yes, you are allowed to request a testimonial from a client outside of Upwork. We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile.

Useful information about testimonials: 

• You can reach out to any former client, on Upwork or beyond.
  • Each client can only provide one testimonial, no matter how many times you’ve worked together. You can’t send more than one request to any email address.
  • You must provide the client’s LinkedIn profile information.
  • It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile.
  • You can send up to 20 testimonial requests.

You can find more information about the Testimonials and how to send a request to your client on this page

Additionally, as you are new to Upwork you may want to visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
mdata_f
Community Member

Thank you, Nikola, for your sound advice.

I'd like your advice on one more topic, which is a job cover letter. I submitted numerous proposals on Upwork but received no response. Because I am a highly-skilled individual with extensive knowledge of my field, what is the best way for me to find work and what type of job should I apply for?

Please review the my profile and cover letter I wrote for one of the jobs below and let me know if anything is incorrect:-

Sample 1

Dear Madam / Sir,

Greetings of the day!

I have read your requirements and am happy to say that I can easily complete this project because I have already done similar projects. I can do every type of analytics, automation, and reporting in Excel, VBA, Power BI, etc.

I will create a template based on your requirement and once you enter the data related to your products, it will automatically do the calculation and show you the detailed summary of cost, profit, break-even levels, etc. If you need then we can design some graphs and charts also for better understanding of the data.

Please initiate the chat so that we can discuss your project.

I assist my clients in Advanced Excel, VBA, Data Analytics, and Power BI applications.

I have successfully completed 500+ projects in Excel Automation, Web Scraping, Creating Excel Dashboards, Power BI Dashboards, Market Research, Data Analytics, and Data Visualization.

I have the experience of working with onshore and offshore clients as we have a client base in more than 40 countries. I always try our level best to deliver more than client expectations as client satisfaction is our top priority.

Looking for a positive response!

Please assist me as I urgently require assistance. I also watched a lot of videos and made some changes, but the end result is the same.

Please guide me as soon as possible; I'm desperate for it.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pradeep,

I noticed that in your overview you're referring as a team. Please keep in mind that if you would like to work as a team or represent a company you will need to open an agency profile. Freelancer profiles are only for independent freelancers. 

I can also recommend to check out our resources below, and learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals:

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths