🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Testing website with real money
Page options
91f77a5b
Community Member

Testing website with real money

Hi I'm a newbie here in Upwork and today I just received 1 active candidacies, now the client told me that I need to use my own login credentials and i have to use my own real money to test his cryptocurrency application which is down at the time.and as it's a crypto app he's asked me to add / use my own metamask wallet .. now I'm not sure if this is legit as I have never done user testing before and I'm not aware that if they ask you to test their application with your own money and your details...@upwork please help ..He called me on zoom yesterday to discuss about his project requirements , I am still waiting for contract...but want to make sure before proceeding if this is legit and not a scam 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information. 

Edited to add. 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information. 

Edited to add. 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
91f77a5b
Community Member

Thank you for looking into this 

heidifreelance
Community Member

I would run a mile from this - sounds like a scam and you're here to make money, not spend your own money!

d5b17000
Community Member

Hello Nisha,

What you are describing seems at least unprofesional and risky if not a scam.

In this situation I would expect them to provide any test accounts needed and the money for them or set them up myself with their requirements and have them deposit the money on them. Then hand over the accounts at the end of the project.

saumya25singh
Community Member

Please don't do that. This client definitely sounds like a scam. You could be revealing your bank details to this person since its his app.  And don't ever start any work without a proper contract sent on Upwork. If he wants you to spend money to test and you think it could be legit then set up a fixed price contract where he returns you that money. And never do anything before the contract. Make sure you have checked the contract thoroughly and then only proceed to accept it. Don't even do sample or test projects for free. Charge a minimum amount atleast. No free work. I have done that and regretted. Move cautiously.

colettelewis
Community Member

Run a mile and don't work with cryptocurrency unless you have a lot of money to lose.  The client is completely out of order.  Apart from which never work for anyone on Upwork unless you have a formal Upwork contract in place - and even then take all the precautions you can. 

kkears
Community Member

This is a scam. Report the client and stop all communication. 

8f2181b1
Community Member

Sweetheart beware of scammers.Be vigilant 

vacoup
Community Member

I am almost 99% sure you're not what you say you are. Your profile description makes no sense what so ever and it comes across as dishonest to me (ChatGPT). As the Upwork documentation says, money flows in 1 direction, towards the freelancer. Never to the client, it makes no sense. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths