🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Thank you Upwork
Page options
julie_porter
Community Member

Thank you Upwork

Thank you for giving me a chance to get some jobs that I would not have been able to do without this wonderful site. In the past few weeks I have reviewed a book, edited, researched, and am co-authoring another book, edited a spreadsheet for a leather goods company.

Also thank you for saving me from a mistake by informing me that a potential client had been removed from Upwork for violations before I agreed to work for them. It gave me some time to think it over and give them a polite but firm refusal. (There will be other ones.) I appreciate your protection.
3 REPLIES 3
holymell
Community Member

I'm not Upwork.

But… raise your rate, Julie.

I don't have half your credentials and people are paying me over five dollars an hour. I started at $15/hr a year ago.

Okay I started low mostly because as a newbie, I didn't feel confident enough to ask for more. Now that I have had a few jobs, I have been wanting to do that myself. How do I do that?

Hi Julie,

We're glad to hear things are going great and thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. Feel free to check out this thread for tips on when to raise the rate. To change your rate, please click on the Find Work tab, click on Profile and then hover over your current rate with your mouse. Upon hovering, you should see a pencil icon appear which will allow you to edit the rate.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths