🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The 1,000th New to/How do i get a gig post. P...
Page options
rosslennymac
Community Member

The 1,000th New to/How do i get a gig post. Please help :)

Hi Upworkers, 

I am new to the community. As I am not pitching myself to the community in these forums as much, I am looking for some help and guidance. 

I have worked in customer service and sales for the past 11 years and want to make the jump onto freelancing as I have read some success stories on here. 

I am currently unemployed and have all the time and energy in the world to help a client but I wonder how I can help improve my chances of success on here. 

Is my profile adequate? Do I need to offer to do a couple of gigs for next to nothing? 

Hope you all have a great day and I sincerely appreciate any help or guidance that is thrown my way. 

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ross M wrote:

Hi Upworkers, 

I am new to the community. As I am not pitching myself to the community in these forums as much, I am looking for some help and guidance. 

I have worked in customer service and sales for the past 11 years and want to make the jump onto freelancing as I have read some success stories on here. 

I am currently unemployed and have all the time and energy in the world to help a client but I wonder how I can help improve my chances of success on here. 

Is my profile adequate? Do I need to offer to do a couple of gigs for next to nothing? 

Hope you all have a great day and I sincerely appreciate any help or guidance that is thrown my way. 

1. Your rate is too low to be taken seriously by serious clients.

2. Don't work for next to nothing. 

3. Focus on what you offer and how you solve your client's problem. 

4. Study the other 999 posts on the subject and learn from them. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Use a profile picture that does not contain half of someone else's face. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths