cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Upwork is charging me 15x what is sending to hired guy

Oportunidade A Member Since: Apr 22, 2017
1 of 4

HI there. I hired a new guy to development this taxi app. We made a agreement about the price - U$ 1,000.00 - and the time to finish - 6 weeks. But the guy ask me to hire him as project manager, because that is good for him at Upwork. It was ok for me.

But, for my surprise, Upwork charged the US$ 860.00 from my credit card at first week. And now, at second week, the Upwork charged  me mor U$ 1,400.00.  But send to him just U$ 160.00/week as he and I agreement. What is going on?

This guy said he receive just U$ 160.00 and the Upwork will refund me at the end of job.  Transation report shows the upwork charged me US$ 2,400.00  and gave him just  US$ 160.00.

Is it right? The upwork will refund me when? Or this guy is trying to send me up?

Please help me. What I do?

Perin

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Perin,

It shows that the contract you have with the freelancer is an hourly contract so you will be billed per hour based on the rate you have for the contract. You may check out this link for further information. We'll reach out to you directly with additional information and assistance.

Lanie M
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

Upwork actually has an incredibly simple business model. It does everything it can to explain how it works. It posts help documents, videos. Clear explanations.

If one Upwork user lies to another Upwork user about how Upwork works, that is unfortunate, but it does not change how Upwork works.

It is like driving up to Starbucks, but before you get out of your car, another Starbucks customer says to you:

"You can wait in your car. I'll get your latte for you. Give me $100, and I'll get your drink. Then you can send your receipt in to corporate headquarters, and then they'll send you a $95 refund."

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

re: "Upwork will refund me at the end of job"

There is no such thing.

You our are simply being scammed by a dish con artist who set up an Upwork account with the intention of conning people out of their money. A person like that has no intention of actually creating an app or useable source code for any client.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS