🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 'The beneficiary name is mismatched' issue, a...
Page options
e986a5f2
Community Member

'The beneficiary name is mismatched' issue, and can't connect to customer support!

Hi!

My full name is Chitesh Bajaj and my name in all government IDs is Chitesh. There's no last name in government IDs. So when I had to enter my name at Upwork, I guess there was last name mandatory and the Upwork team asked me write just B.(as the last name, instead of Bajaj). So, I did that, and now when I am adding my bank account to get paid, it says 'The beneficiary name is mismatched'. The name on my bank account is 'Chitesh', and there is no B., because it follows the government ID details.

Now, when I am trying to talk to customer support for this, somehow nothing happens when I click on the 'Get Help' button in the 'Contact Upwork Customer Service' section at the bottom. Could someone from Upwork team assist me on this?

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chitesh,

Just to clarify, you don't have a last name correct?
In cases like that we would suggest a user to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and their name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths