🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The client not responding After I done the wo...
Page options
nrurmi
Community Member

The client not responding After I done the work

Hello friends, I need help i got one job for 3D modeling and rendering i have submitted several work to client he make first payment but after first payment i have submitted many more work to client. After I done the work, the clients said that he's busy and will look later, than didn't answer at all. Its almost 10 month now he is not responding to massages , not making any payment , even not closing or ending the contract. What can i do ?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "...Its almost 10 month now he is not responding to massages, not making any payment..."

10 months? That is a long time.

I have a term I apply to Upwork clients who owe me money for work I did more than a month ago. I call them:

"People who do not owe me money."

Nazia:

When we use Upwork properly, we get paid for our work within three weeks... even if the clients do not respond. Learn from your mistakes and don't make those same mistakes again. This work from 10 months ago? Let that go. Don't try to get paid for it. This is holding you back.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Hi Nazia,

I see that you have only one active job, at 3 dollars per hour, with billed 1 hour and 50 dollars. If you billed only one hour (3 dollars) but you earned 53 dollars, it seems the client has sent you a 50 dollar bonus. So probably in the client's mind the job is already done. 

If they don't answer you anymore, there is nothing you can do.

If they didn't pay you, you should contact Upwork support.

What I don't understand is that you took an hourly contract, and you say you sent the client work and then some more and more work, why did you bill only one hour?

Hi I've had many conversations with the first client here, she asked for many edits and she keeps online many times, but after giving her the final project she doesn't reply. she escrowed the money before accepting the project. What should I do?

Hello Ahmad,

Thank you for your message.

If you are hired on a Fixed price contract with funds in escrow, please be sure to submit your work using the 'Submit work for payment' button on your contract page. This will give 14 days to your Client to review your submission and request an edit or approve milestone. If your client doesn't respond to your work submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. Check this Help page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If this was fixed price, was there an active, fully funded milestone for the work you submitted? Did you then submit that work using the "Submit Work And Request Payment" button? If it was hourly, did you track your time with the desktop app, and include meaningful notes for the hours logged?

If so, you would have been automatically paid, and whether the client was too busy to check the work or not would make no difference.

As it's been 10 months, it means you're likely working without a milestone or logging any hours, or even an active contract, and have been providing free work to the client. This would not be covered under any sort of payment protection.

Petra's got a nifty little flowchart explaining things. I'm sure she'll come along and post that soon. It's a pretty handy little graphic.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "...Its almost 10 month now he is not responding to massages, not making any payment..."

10 months? That is a long time.

I have a term I apply to Upwork clients who owe me money for work I did more than a month ago. I call them:

"People who do not owe me money."

Nazia:

When we use Upwork properly, we get paid for our work within three weeks... even if the clients do not respond. Learn from your mistakes and don't make those same mistakes again. This work from 10 months ago? Let that go. Don't try to get paid for it. This is holding you back.

Yeah i know its my mistake i didn't track time because contract about to chage to fix payment.
As i submitted my first work and he paid 50$ as bonus and said he will change the contract to fix soon when he will get time to sit on desktop he was unable to change contract from mobile. 
I trust him 😞 
No problem Wish me luck so i can do good from next time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths