🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The client sends the wrong file and the freel...
Page options
asga83
Community Member

The client sends the wrong file and the freelacer works for free

A few days ago I had a dispute with a client and only lasted 2 days the dispute, without right to reply upwor preferred the client.
I really do not know if upwork will see this, but I want to comment on my case and receive your support.
The client asked me to calculate the coordinates of some points of a plane according to their indications, calculate it and state then she didnt well located, as you can see in drawing 1.
Then I told her that she preferred that she send me the location of the points so that there was no problem, as shown in drawing 2 she sent it to me.
If you look at both planes the location of the building with respect to the upper part and the contour lines is the same
then the client stated that the work was incorrect because the hight should be between 126 and 124 and then she sent another drawing 3, where she modified the location of the construction, that flat plane had not previously sent me as you see the location of the build with upper part and the contour lines is different with previous fles.
Upwork said the dispute won her, upwork did not recognize that she never sent me the correct file as manifested, never work with **edited for Community Guidelines** likes to pay very badly, that they work for free, always tells you that everything is wrong and I do not pay, is A scammer and manipulator, she never acknowledges her mistake, I would have liked to express the disagreement and I lees points in upwork because her cancel the contract

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Adriana,

Could you be a bit clearer about the dispute. Upwork does not fall in favour of either freelancer or client, but tries to get the two sides to agree. Did this case go to arbitration? 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not going to follow your math equations or evaluate your files. That is not a service they offer. That is not what they do in disputes.

If the clients does not pay for the work, then it belongs to you Post your work as an example of what you do, in your portfolio. At least there is that silver lining,

In the future, you may need to be more proactive in how you select and work with clients. You know that Upwork can not necessarily make everything all right if an unscrupulous client treats you unfairly.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths