🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The client stole the work, I can not open a d...
Page options
1e6539b2
Community Member

The client stole the work, I can not open a dispute

I did the job and the client is gone. A week later I googled this company, my work was already used.  before getting paid for it, which is totally unacceptable. Here the link with my job: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I clicked to complete the contract, but the money for the work was not transferred. Now I can't open a dispute. help me please

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, but technically, there is nothing to dispute. The fixed price contract was not used as it should have. General rule is to never start working until a contract is in place, and to always submit work with the Submit work for payment button (for fixed price contract).

You can ask him to pay you with a bonus, but I doubt it will work.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
sofia2008
Community Member

Were you hired on Upwork?

Did you have an hourly contract or a fixed price contract with an amount in escrow?

Yes, I was hired and yes it was a fixed price contract

When you look in your Reports, do you see the amount of your contract in any of the tabs?

Reports Home Page - Upwork

No

When you look in your Contracts page My Jobs (upwork.com

does it says the milestone is active and funded or something else?

No, this job just disappeared

No, this job just disappeared

I am surprised the job could disappear if the milestone was funded. Do you recall sending the work through the Sumit work for Payment button?

No, because there were many iterations of edits, then I threw off the work in the general chat. Now I understand that I made a big mistake and should have uploaded the work differently. But can I open a dispute now?

Sorry, but technically, there is nothing to dispute. The fixed price contract was not used as it should have. General rule is to never start working until a contract is in place, and to always submit work with the Submit work for payment button (for fixed price contract).

You can ask him to pay you with a bonus, but I doubt it will work.

Thanks for the answer

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Did you close the contract before payment and refund the escrow amount?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths