🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The client wants me to deliver a fixed price ...
Page options
nuria_corell
Community Member

The client wants me to deliver a fixed price job through an app, out of Upwork platform.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The client wants me to deliver a fixed price job through an app, out of Upwork platform."

Doesn't really matter what the client wants you to do. Doesn't matter if it is an app, and doesn't matter if it is fixed-price or hourly.

"Out of Upwork platform" is against the rules.

You could have your account suspended if you mess around with that sort of thing.

Maybe the client is new and doesn't know this is against the rules.

You may politely decline to work off platform, and tell the client "Yes," you will be willing to work on this platform if she sets up an Upwork contract.

If she persists, then it means she is scammer of one sort of another. And you should flag her or report her.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The client wants me to deliver a fixed price job through an app, out of Upwork platform."

Doesn't really matter what the client wants you to do. Doesn't matter if it is an app, and doesn't matter if it is fixed-price or hourly.

"Out of Upwork platform" is against the rules.

You could have your account suspended if you mess around with that sort of thing.

Maybe the client is new and doesn't know this is against the rules.

You may politely decline to work off platform, and tell the client "Yes," you will be willing to work on this platform if she sets up an Upwork contract.

If she persists, then it means she is scammer of one sort of another. And you should flag her or report her.

Thanks so much for your reply. Very helpful.
mthornton-cpc
Community Member

Nuria, do you mean do the work and be paid outside of Upwork? That's a no-no as Preston said. However, if you mean deliver in the sense that you'd be delivering work product (files, etc.) via a method outside of Upwork that's allowed. I regularly deliver files to clients off platform, but include a message here on the platform including when and how the files were delivered. That way there's a record on-platform of the delivery. 

Melissa: Excellent catch, and great clarification.

I didn't notice the possible other meaning of the original poster's question.

Nuria: As long as a client pays you through Upwork, it doesn't matter how you send files to the client.

Preston, I suspect your summation was the correct one. 

Thank you. That,s exactly what I meant, to deliver work product files out of the platform, via an app. Very helpful and clarifying.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nuria, 

It looks like you've been sent an offer for this job already. When you have accepted the offer, it should show on your My Jobs page as an active contract. Please check if the client's payment method is verified before starting any work on this project. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks Avery
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths