🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The client went missing and not replying my m...
Page options
a_munam
Community Member

The client went missing and not replying my messages anymore

I have a problem with my first project. I signed the contract and it went just fine at first. I have delivered half work and the client gave me a bonus. I completed the order and submit through the proper way. There are 10 days the order is delivered, but the client is not responding (did not reply to my messages). It is a fixed price project and the amount is in escrow.

I am truly sorry if I asked a very basic question to all Upwork seniors out there.

Regards,

Abdul Munam

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran for replying.

As I said, I delivered the order before time, and 10 days passed but the client did not respond.

I have another question. If the client hire another freelancer and he started working on the same project which I have delivered. Then in this condition, I will get paid after 14 days?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

This scenario will not affect your contract as another contract will be formed with the second freelancer who will be hired. 

You will still receive the funds from Escrow if no actions are taken in 14 days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Abdul:

I understand that it can be frustrating to a newbie Upwork freelancer if a client goes missing.

But you should understand that when a client truly goes missing, there are many ADVANTAGES to the situation. It means that once you submit your work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button:

a) you will be be paid AUTOMATICALLY

b) you will NOT need to answer any questions or work on any revisions

c) you can close the contract at your leisure (AFTER payment has been fully processed)

d) there will be no negative feedback

My PREFERENCE is that a client is readily available and receives the work, and is happy with the submission, and releases payment quickly, and closes the contract with positive feedback. But I can look at the BRIGHT SIDE and see the advantages when a client has disappeared.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths