🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: The name on my account is not the same as...
Page options
jcruthird
Community Member

The name on my account is not the same as the name on my bank account

I would like to set up a payment  method to receive payment for jobs but I was told that if my name on my bank account doesn't match my name here at upwork that there would be delays. The name on my passport is hyphenated and formal and I don't use it in my everyday life, so my bank accounts only have one of my last names. The only reason I changed my last name on my upwork account is because it had to match my passport, but I don't want to be forced to add my hyphenated name to my bank account because I don't use it. Is it possible to have my payment  method approved with only one of my last names?

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jasmine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same isse here with my agency admin.. he is unable to withdraw funds but in his case the card which he has added as the payment method has the same name as his name on the upwork account.

Hi Hans,

Your agency admin/owner will need to reach out to us here or directly to our Customer Support on this Link. Once he has reached out to us we will assist him further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello i have the same Issue, My Upwork account doesn't match my bank account, how can you support me on adding my bank account to my upwok account?

I haven't done any withdraw of the money or haven't send anything yet to my bank account, beacuse i'm afraid to lose the money or it get lost in the transaction.

Hi Vanessa,

You can only use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. Please check this article about the bank account name mismatch.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths